Tennis Rules for Phase One Opening (as of 6/1/20)
All Rules are Subject to revision, in accordance with the State of New Hampshire COVID-19 policy changes and recommendations from USTA.
MRFC Management is actively working with the NH Re-Opening Task Force and USTA NE. We are fully committed to getting our members back on the courts as safely as possible. The expectation is that all players will abide by all Federal and State COVID-19 guidelines as well as all MRFC Guidelines detailed below. Otherwise, we face the possibility of the loss of play privileges.
Safety Measures Upon Entering Club:
- Masks MUST be worn when entering the facility and at all times in the lobby/rest rooms. MRFC will provide masks if needed. Once you enter the court area you may remove your mask.
- Gloves may NOT be worn into the facility. MRFC will provide gloves if requested.
- All Members will be required to fill out a Health Questionnaire and sign a Covid-19 Waiver EACH VISIT upon entering the club. This Questionnaire/Waiver will also be able to found on our Website mountainsiderfc.com and our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/mountainsiderfc/ If
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the facility in the entryway.
- Fitness Center, Lockers, Showers, Saunas remain closed. Arrange with front desk for racquet restringing and/or purchase of balls or grips.
- Please follow Directional Signage upon entering club.
- If you have had a fever in the last 48 hrs, are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat, or have been potentially exposed to COVID-19, please do not put others at risk..STAY HOME.
- Reservations are required to play. NO drop-in play will be permitted. Reservations may be made 1 week in advance.
- Play is limited to MEMBERS ONLY during Phase One. New Memberships may be purchased by NH Licensed residents only. No Guests will be allowed.
- Court reservations are available through the club’s on-line booking system: Kourts.com. Both Court and Lesson Reservations may also be made by calling 526-9293 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Regular court reservations will be for 60 to 90 minutes of play with 15 minutes between any reservation to allow players to exit the building and for staff to sanitize common touch points prior to the next reservation. MRFC reserves the right to change reservations as needed to abide by this 15 minute policy.
- All Indoor Courts will be open for member play on 6/1/20. (The Locker Rooms will be available for Rest Room use only)
- Court Play is recommended for Singles Play, and doubles play is in consideration if partners are from the same household.
- Players from different households must have their own new can of balls. Balls may also be purchased at the front desk. Please have opponents us different numbered balls, or make the balls using Sharpie markers. Avoid handling another player’s tennis balls; if a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or using racquet/foot to hit ball back to the other court.
- When playing, remain at least 6 feet apart. Do not make physical contact with high-five’s or shaking hands). While playing, avoid touching your face before or after handling a ball/racquet. Wash hands or use sanitizer (provided on each court) promptly if you have touched your face. Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Stay on your side of the court, avoid changing ends of the court
Safety Measures On Court:
- Do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your reserved court time, or wait in your car until designated time. You must leave immediately after completion of play. Absolutely no congregating or socializing in the parking lot will be allowed and please do not congregate outside the entry to the courts.
- The club will NOT provide towels or chairs. Water is available ONLY through the vending machine.
- There will NOT be any trash cans available. Please carry out any trash when you leave.
- You must abide by COVID-19 social distancing rules especially upon entering/exiting the courts through the doors. The doors will be propped open to avoid another common touch point. Open/close doors with your elbow/sleeve.
Private Lessons/Small Group Lessons:
- Private Lessons are available for individual lessons, or semi-private with small goups (maximum of 4 people to maintain social distancing)
- Lessons will be conducted in such a manner that players DO NOT hand the tennis balls and maintain safe social distance from the Pro.
- Pickleball has not yet been addressed at the state level, due to the difficulty in adhering to the 6 ft social distancing rule. However, social distancing can be maintained via either SINGLES or Family Play. Thus we are currently limiting Pickleball to SINGLES or Family Play.
- Reservations for Pickleball must be made by calling 526-9293 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations will be confirmed.
- All Pickleball players MUST provide their own paddles and balls. MRFC will NOT be renting paddles.
Players who do not comply after One Warning will be asked to leave the facility. Members who have repeat offenses will NOT be able to access the facility while COVID-19 Restrictions are in effect.