Tennis Instructional Staff
- Charles S. “Whitey” Joslin, USPTA Certified Teaching Pro/Owner/ Semi-Retired 🙂
2007 New England Tennis Hall of Fame Inductee, Nationally ranked in Sr Father/Daughter division, “My philosophy on teaching tennis- have fun while constantly striving to improve- you’re never too old to learn something new, for tennis is the game for a lifetime!
- Fred Kolehmainen, USPTA Certified Head Teaching Pro! Fred has worked at MRFC since 2006 and just this year takes over the reigns as our Head Pro! Fred enjoys snowboarding, fishing, and golf and is what we like to call at MRFC the pied piper of children’s tennis!
- Ben Taylor, USPTA Certified Teaching Pro, Ben is a 4.5 rated player and was a previous Assistant Tennis Coach at Colby-Sawyer College, opens the club during the week and is FULL OF ENERGY!!!
- Richard King, USPTA Certified Pro since 2001…Richard can always be found around the club whether it be on court teaching a lesson, in the fitness center with a personal training client or in his Carharts working on a project! Many of the improvements around the club are thanks to him!
- Glenn McKune, Teaching Pro at MRFC for the last 23 years! Glenn enjoys hiking, collecting books, magazines, vinyl albums and loads of interesting and as he calls it, useless information! “I left Africa 30+ years ago in search of a better country and nicer people. All at MRFC have come through to make this search fruitful. Many thanks!”
Personal Training Staff
- Richard King, Owner/Fitness Director, ACE Certified Personal Trainer at MRFC since 2001~see above.
- Elizabeth Warner, W.I.T.S certified Personal Trainer, W.I.T.S Certified Fitness Coach, Elizabeth joined our MRFC family in October 2015!!
Group Fitness Instructional Staff
- Heidi Leighton, Certified LES MILLS Body Pump Instructor, Dance Aerobics Instructor and Children’s Ballet Instructor. Heidi has been with MRFC for over 9 years and enjoys tennis, skiing and hiking.
- Dot Diehl, Pilates Instructor, PhD in Exercise Physiology/Physical Education, Pilates Certification through Physical Minds Pilates, Dot has been teaching at MRFC since 2002, is an avid tennis player and loves ballroom dancing with her husband Tom.
- Shannon MacMichael, Certified Zumba Instructor, Shannon teaches an exciting, energy-filled Zumba class! Come join the dance craze!
- Megan Bell, Latin Dance Instructor, Megan is energy crazy and loves to make you move in her morning classes!
Front Desk Staff
- Laura Joslin-King, General Manager/Owner since 1997. Laura enjoys playing tennis, working with the staff at MRFC, meeting new people and laughing! She loves her family, and cannot believe how fast the years are flying by now that her daughter has graduated HS and moved away!
- Jeffie Goodwin, Jeffie has been at MRFC since 2005 and loves to play tennis and golf. She is also a fan of chocolate, dancing and margaritas, and dislikes eggs, procrastination and getting up before 7 AM!
- Jen Hager, Jen lives in New London with her husband and two daughters and also works at Wilmot Learning Place. She works Tuesday & Thursday evenings and Sundays Be sure to introduce yourself to Jen!
- Brianne Maguire, Keeping with the family theme, Brianne joined our MRFC desk staff in 2016 and you can find her at the desk on weekends! She is an avid gamer!!
- Glenn McKune-see above.
- Ben Taylor– see above
Supervised Playroom Staff
- Kristen Ahern, Kristin works Mon, Wed & Fri and brings her daugher Ellie in with her!
- Nicole Gallagher, Nicole works Tues & Thurs and has two daughter, Nora and Erin…you’ll find Erin running around the nursery!